Hits on articles not yet accepted.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kestrel

Hits on articles not yet accepted.

Post by kestrel »

I'll try again. A previous question I posted disappeared into the ether.

I have submitted my first 3 articles and they await review. I notice that they are receiving hits even though they shouldn't be "out there" yet. Is this a good or bad ting? Does it mean they have actually been accepted but CC forgot to tell me??
evaku

Re: Hits on articles not yet accepted.

Post by evaku »

Is it a lot of hits or just a few? have YOU been clicking on them?

I don't think it's possible that they could have been accepted but CC "forget" to tell you.... (but hey crazier things have happened!) at least that's never happened to me before. Click on "My Profile." If you don't see anything posted under "My Articles" than no your articles haven't been posted.
kestrel

Post by kestrel »

The first one had 9 hits last I checked; the other 2 just one apiece. This was as of last night.

They aren't on my profile page under the Articles tab, so they are still being reviewed. The first one actually was published in print and online several years ago but it's medical and not obsolete. All rights reverted to me, and I just offered it for Use. I did email CC about that so they wouldn't think I had plagiarized it, and I switched my profile name from a pseudonym to my real name. Hope they don't immediately ban me for plagiarizing myself, because I should be able to use what I own.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Darned right, you should. But remember, it's their website, and they can be as geeky-tweaky as they want to be. Actually, I am getting more and more discouraged by the day. The fees are definitely attractive, but getting in here is like Snow White being admitted to a witch's convention before she ate the apple. No, wait. That didn't work quite like I intended....
evaku

Post by evaku »

Keep trying Dylan. It might be hard at first but if you keep at it you'll probably hit your stride. When I first started about 3 years ago I submitted pretty bad articles that took lots of revisions. I am surprised they didn't ban me outright. But over the years I kept coming back and now I am submitting in a big way. I'd say my last 50-60 or so articles have been accepted without much or a hitch, aside from really, really minor things. But it took work to get there. So now I've got the writing/submitting down, I just hope selling follows sometime soon!!!
ZacP

Post by ZacP »

evaku wrote: I'd say my last 50-60 or so articles have been accepted without much or a hitch, aside from really, really minor things. But it took work to get there. So now I've got the writing/submitting down, I just hope selling follows sometime soon!!!
That's not really a glowing recommendation Evaku. I'm winding down day 8 awaiting review on my article. The first one I posted last August took a week. I posted 2 on the 9th, one was immediately reviewed and rejected because I decided to capitalize a section of list items, pretty much arbitrarily, and the other has sat in limbo. I'm going to give it until Monday and then be shut of Constant Content entirely I think. I've tried twice and both times exorbitantly long review times have driven me away. It is such a shame too because this is a great business model and seems to be doing everything else right. I hope they can solve these delays, I would love to contribute here but it's just not a productive use of my limited writing time and energy.
jak

Post by jak »

Even a couple of weeks of waiting time here is much better than you'll get from most print publications. They can take 6 months or more just to say no thanks.