Writer Pool Question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ghoster

Writer Pool Question

Post by ghoster »

Hey all,

I've published over 20 articles here and sold several licenses but I don't see the link to the Writer Pool application anywhere :(. Did I miss the boat on that? Is there some qualification that I'm not aware of? Thanks for any info.
Abbamay

Re: Writer Pool Question

Post by Abbamay »

Hi ghoster,

That is such a good question! I wrote to CC several times to ask about it, but maybe it's taboo! After many months I actually received an invitation to join a writer pool, which was very kind. When you login to CC you have a list of options to click on such as Account Status, My Profile, Inbox, etc. The next one after that on my list is Writer Pool Settings, and it wasn't there beforehand. When I click on it I can apply to be approved as a writer for different types of things, like articles, white papers, copy editing, etc.

The problem for me is that when I apply for these things, no-one ever replies or says I'm accepted for a certain type of writing, and the status doesn't change. The editors did put me into a writer pool somehow, which seemed to be nothing to do with the categories in the Writer Pool Settings. The way to find your writer pool requests (if you belong to a pool) is to click on Requested Content in the same list as I mentioned earlier, then click on the Writer Pool tab.

I think that all sounds a bit disjointed - sorry - but I hope that you can get some idea of how it works. If I were you I would email CC and ask to join a pool.

Good luck anyway!

Abba May
evaku

Post by evaku »

ghoster wrote:Hey all,

I've published over 20 articles here and sold several licenses but I don't see the link to the Writer Pool application anywhere :(. Did I miss the boat on that? Is there some qualification that I'm not aware of? Thanks for any info.
Don't worry.. I was at over 100 articles before I got accepted, though know others have been invited with less, and some with more. I guess it just depends on if they currently need more people and if they think you would be a good fit. I really had to branch out and write on more popular topics to get the invite. If you're willing to put in the effort then just keep trucking on, keep submitting and doing your best work. Show them that you are consistent and willing to stick around, and it shouldn't be long. My invitation came after I submitted somewhere about 50-60 articles one month, so it was clear that I could be relied on to write consistently and a lot!!!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I think there used to be published criteria for acceptance to pools, relating to number of articles accepted, and the proportion of rejections to acceptances. But now it looks as though the eds are using their discretion when it comes to putting people in pools...looking at supply and demand and whatever works best for the site. I think I was at about 50 before I was able to write for a couple of pools involving two large purchasers: that has made a massive difference, and was well worth waiting for so I would recommend carrying on carrying on, but I still don't fully understand the system!
ghoster

Post by ghoster »

This is very helpful all, thanks.