When is a Public Request NOT a Public Request?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

EFowler

When is a Public Request NOT a Public Request?

Post by EFowler »

Quick question, I received an email from CC this morning with the new public requests, and one of them was about treatment for a decaying tooth. Now, I often see dental articles selling and I've always assumed it was someone's private requests, so was surprised when I saw this email.

I clicked the link and it takes me to the request, that says "Please see the file "Blog Post Outline" that I included in my message to your earlier for instructions on how to develop this post.".

This would also indicate that it was a private request, and it doesn't show up under the public request tab, so why am I seeing it? Tad confused! :roll:
Lysis

Re: When is a Public Request NOT a Public Request?

Post by Lysis »

EFowler wrote:Quick question, I received an email from CC this morning with the new public requests, and one of them was about treatment for a decaying tooth. Now, I often see dental articles selling and I've always assumed it was someone's private requests, so was surprised when I saw this email.

I clicked the link and it takes me to the request, that says "Please see the file "Blog Post Outline" that I included in my message to your earlier for instructions on how to develop this post.".

This would also indicate that it was a private request, and it doesn't show up under the public request tab, so why am I seeing it? Tad confused! :roll:
It was probably a "Public Pool Request." That you would have gotten in email right away, but someone grabbed it already.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Ah, ok . . . . what's a public pool request please? How does it differ from a 'public request'?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Public pool request is if you're in that writer pool. All writers in that pool get an email about the request, and then someone claims it. Whoever claims it is the one who is responsible for writing it. Usually, they get claimed quick. I've done a couple of these, and it's similar to a private request once you claim it.

Public request is just an open request for anyone to write it, and you basically just submit your piece. The customer then chooses the article he wants from the writers who chose to write to the request.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Ooh, thanks Lysis - does that mean I'm in a writer pool? I didn't even realise, how would I find that out?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

If you click the writer pool nav link in your author navigation panel, it will show you what pools you're in. It also tells you in the writer's profile.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Lysis wrote:If you click the writer pool nav link in your author navigation panel, it will show you what pools you're in. It also tells you in the writer's profile.
Hmm, I don't have a writer pool link, and there's nothing on my author profile about it either.

I think it must be some kind of mistake . . . . . I was getting a bit excited there thinking I was in a writer pool already :wink:
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

oh, weird. I'm all out of guess then! ha!

Private and public pool requests you get right away. You get the public summary at the end of the day (well, end of the day in my world..maybe beginning in others' worlds :D )
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Hmm, ok, this is weird - I've now got 'writers pool request' in the drop down on the submission form, which definitely wasn't there before, but still nothing on my dashboard or my profile? I think an email to CC to inquire is in order!
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Lysis, you were right! :wink:

I am part of a writer pool, it's just that I didn't have the writer pool tab on my requested content page and nothing on my author profile, but after a bit of back and forth with CC last night, they were very helpful and sorted me out. Must have been a glitch, but it's now on my profile and my dashboard. That's solved THAT mystery, now to try and catch one of the elusive requests!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Good luck with that! Let me know your secret if you catch one!
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Thanks Isabel, I'll keep you posted!

On a similar note, I'm not sure if I made it up, but did I see some discussion on the forum about not applying for writer pools any more, that you're just added if appropriate? Only asking as there's still the option to apply for them, but as I was added to one without applying I'm not sure whether to apply for others. Any suggestions?

Ta!

Emily
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I applied originally and got into 2. I applied for a 3rd, and I figure when they need people I will be considered. I think they kinda throttle the amount of people in the pools.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I don't really understand the system either. I think it may be evolving to meet changing circumstances, but for whatever reason, it is not really explained. I am classified as 'waiting' to join the pool for writing articles, but I was unexpectedly added to 2 pools for particular buyers which has been really good in spite of my moaning about disappearing requests. I do wish it was all more transparent.