Re-submission comments

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Isabelnewth

Re-submission comments

Post by Isabelnewth »

Does anyone know why when you re-submit a rejected article and include a comment in the box, the comment disappears when you click on save? When I have tried to send a comment, this always happens: is it the same for everyone or a glitch? Are you supposed to just send without saving?
Lysis

Re: Re-submission comments

Post by Lysis »

I got frustrated with that form too.

Think of the top part of the form as one piece and the doc attachment and comments as a second piece. If you change something like the price it's in the top half. You click save and you lose whatever you have in the bottom half.

So, it's better to make changes in the top half, then do your document and type ed notes when you are ready to submit.

Yeah, been there. -_-
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Thanks Lysis, I always save after editing each section individually, but when I save a note to ed, it just disappears into thin air. I am not clear whether you or others have this problem? cheers
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Hi,

You only need to 'save' the top portion changes--not the bottom or, yes, your comment will disappear. Make your changes on top and then click save. Then go to the bottom attach your file, make your comments, and hit the submit button. Took me a minute to figure it out too! This should work though. Good luck!
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Do we have to click "Save" too every time we reattach a file (before it is reviewed)? I notice the save button is above the attach file section. I always edit the text first, save, attach file and then save again just to be sure.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Yes, that's my remaining query too. You don't need to save the comments, I understand that now, many thanks; but I really thought you had to save after attaching the new article....is that wrong? I thought I had lost attached articles by not saving after attaching, but maybe that was my imagination...!