Inline Comments

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JDWhang

Inline Comments

Post by JDWhang »

Had my first rejection since the new system was officially implemented, and I can't see the inline comments that it came back with. Anybody else have this problem? It worked on the beta version of the system.
Lysis

Re: Inline Comments

Post by Lysis »

Yeah, the first one of the four I have to fix up didn't have anything. I'm saving that one for last, because I guess I'll just go over it and hope I find the issue. poop
cathleengarvey

Post by cathleengarvey »

Yes! I was ready to throw my laptop out the window after the same article got rejected 3 times because I couldn't see the editors comments telling me what to fix.

Ed advised using Chrome to view the CC site as they do their testing using that browser. I'm waiting for a new rejection to test it out which probably won't take long. :?
JDWhang

Post by JDWhang »

Strange, Chrome is the browser I use and I'm not seeing the comments.
jak

Post by jak »

That has just happend to me too. I normally use Chrome but have also tried Explorer with no success.
jkcki

Post by jkcki »

I don't see any inline comments, I just see comments in the bottom comment box. Also, I did it wrong the first time because you need to make changes to the actual long summary and content and then save it. If you upload a new file it doesn't work.
jak

Post by jak »

I got an email from Eric this morning, saying the inline comments were in the margin. All I had to do was scroll to the right to find the comment box and then scroll right within that to see all of it. Such a silly thing that I didn't notice the page was wider than normal. Hope that will help everyone else now.