Images as articles?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Raya Wolfsun

Images as articles?

Post by Raya Wolfsun »

First of all, I just joined the site - so, greetings everyone, and please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere!

One requester mentioned that they were looking for art as well as articles, and I create artwork which I feel they would be interested in. How do I respond to that request, though - does Constant Content allow me to post images (that do not accompany articles) for sale? If not, would I still be violating the terms of Constant Content to correspond with the requester outside of the system in this instance?

Please let me know - thanks!
Ed

Post by Ed »

Our site sells written content. One stipulation of using this site is that customers may not be contacted except through our site. If you have joined CC because you are a writer, then please feel free to write something in accordance with the request of which you speak and accompany it with an appropriate image.

Customers are mainly seeking quality photographic images that illustrate the articles that are submitted. Please keep this in mind.

Ed
Raya Wolfsun

Post by Raya Wolfsun »

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I did join the site as a writer; I'm an artist/photographer as well and wasn't really expecting to have the opportunity to sell images here, but when I saw the customer request in question I just had to wonder!

Is there anywhere on the site where the policy regarding images is outlined in detail?
Ed

Post by Ed »

There are no hard-and-fast rules about images . . . we do ask that all images are obtained legally and are given proper copyright/credit information. It's helpful if you specify that the images are your own in the short summary if including images by you - please specify otherwise accordingly. You will also want to include the appropriate information in the body of the article itself - at the end or the beginning, probably, so that all images may be credited by the customer.

Hope this helps,
Ed
Raya Wolfsun

Post by Raya Wolfsun »

Exactly what I needed to know - thanks!