A long way from Helium

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Adsophilos

A long way from Helium

Post by Adsophilos »

Hello, all;

Call me the Odd Man In -- I started, not on Associated Content, but on Helium.

My first article here is a light satire on faith using a metaphor based on boxes. I wrote it as my Helium debut and it has owned its category since I posted it. And I can see how it might not make me a nickel here.

Helium is huge. In common with this site, everybody's nice. And the Forum there is broad and highly developed. Get enough correspondents together in one place and that sort of thing becomes necessary, forget worthwhile.

But, editorially, Helium is a high school. You have a few skilled writers and thousands of "developmental" types. And many of then canNOT be taught.

So here I am in the big world now. I feel like twirling around and throwing my beret in the air. I think, though, I'll wait for a couple of episodes ...

But it looks like a pretty nice place.

Steve
sireen

Post by sireen »

Steve!
Great to see you here. I think you'll enjoy constant content. The standards are much higher here for writing than Helium as are the potential payoffs. I dabble a bit on Helium when I'm testing the waters on a short story, poem, or if I have an article I've written as a sample. As a matter of fact, we have met on their forum.

This is a great place for you to be. I say don't wait, start right away. Just follow the writing guidelines and jump in! You'll be thrilled when you sell an article and you'll be fairly compensated for the effort. You are a good, solid writer, you'll do well here.

Jeanette
Adsophilos

Post by Adsophilos »

Good morning, Jeanette;

I love your handle here.

And thank you for that warm welcome. I have high hopes.

Continued success!

Steve