Hello?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Elizabeth Ann West

Re: Hello?

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Oh, forgot to address your keyword question. In general, just stick with the same noun phrases throughout. So if it is an article about grand pianos, you would write grand pianos about 2-3 times per paragraph. You wouldn't bust out the creative writing bone. Here is an example just off the top of my head

SEO

Grand pianos are the most expensive of the piano family, but the sound quality is also the greatest. However, where a grand piano is placed for playing makes all the difference! If your music room is on the small side, a grand piano would take up too much space and the reverberation would be terrible! Although it can make for a nice status symbol, don't negate the power of your grand piano with a less than ideal location.

Not SEO

Grand pianos are the most expensive of the piano family, but the sound quality is also the greatest. However, where this "Big Bertha" is placed for playing makes all the difference! If your music room is on the small side, the largest of the black and ivory keys would take up too much space and the reverberation would be terrible! Although it can make for a nice status symbol, don't negate the power of your expensive percussion instrument with a less than ideal location.

Now, I would probably go back and meld the two together personally, it would depend on the rest of the article. One or two of the non-SEO phrases would be fine, but the reason you would use "Grand piano" is so people who search "grand piano" would receive your article in results. Also, say the keyword phrase was "grand piano purchase" I could work that in the front and back. "Grand piano purchases are the most expensive of the piano family..." and "... don't negate the power of your grand piano purchase with a less than ideal location."

Hope that helps. You can find a TON of SEO keyword resources online that will help your writing. I always make SEO a secondary concern to content, but articles that at least attempt to keep it in mind sell well here. I often see articles about a subject, say credit cards, and their top keyword is money in the article. That kind of thing makes it difficult for the buyer because they generally have the web page all planned out, including keywords, and are just looking for content to match the metatags.