Writers' Rituals

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Lauren

Post by Lauren »

I also have a Toshiba Satellite, and I write from a chair. Not good for my posture, as Ed pointed out. And sometimes I do write on my Palm...but only when I'm "on the road" so to speak. I've got a portable keyboard for it too.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

Here's my take on the questions ;)

Where are you?
Right in from of my computer.... It would be hard to right this otherwise :P But I'm also in my bedroom, seeing as that is where my computer happens to be.

What are you writing with?
My keyboard. But it only gets to that point after I've written my ideas with my paper and pen before hand. I don't fancy making notes on a computer screen!

What is the oddest object in front of you?
Now that depends on your definition of odd... There's several things here that might fall under that category. My little stuffed monkey... or possibly the amount of chocolate I have around here to eat. There's also a feather right in front of me that I keep close by for no other reason then I thought I looked cool ;) Oh, and there's a spork... (a forkish-spoon?) anyway, no idea why it's here seeing as I've never even used it :P But, the day might come. If I don't be quiet soon, you might all discover my packrat secret!

What are you listening to?
I was listening to the "Mars" drama OST, but it ended, so all there is left now is the static sound of dead air coming through my headphones.

Is there anyone else in the room?
Nope, only me. In fact I'm the only one home.

What time of day is it?
Around 6:30pm

What do you look at when you're looking for inspiration?
I like to go outside, or search for things online. Occasionally pick up a book. Turn on the TV. Talk with people. There's lots of places I turn to.

What is guaranteed to remove your concentration?
My Dad being home lol... and since he just walked in the door, I guess that marks the end of this reply haha