New to the site, some questions

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Karenb

New to the site, some questions

Post by Karenb »

Hello all,

I am fairly new to the site, I have been here a couple weeks or so and sold one article already.

Took me a few days and I figured out quite a bit of the site already.

Good so far right?

Now here's the questions:

Is it best to just write for the requested content area?

Is it best to write and submit articles to the site in general?

Or is it best to do both?

While I know I am not the best writer in the world compared to some of you (been reading the board to and found that some of you have a LOT of experience), I have been writing for another site for almost 3 years now on a continuous (sp) basis each month and another site a couple of months before finding this site. I do know that I have learned alot from the people from the main site that I write for and have learned a little bit more from those of you that are here.

I do hope to add to my "learning curve" through all of you folks as well over time.

Well, anyways, those are my questions for the time being.

Karen
Megan

Post by Megan »

I, personally, would recommend doing both.

You probably won't be able to write for all of the requests because you might not be familiar with the subject. So, when you aren't writing for requests...simply write something on your own and submit it.

I do both, and I have sold about the same amount of articles (ones for requests AND those not for requests)

Have a great day!
Megan
Aariana Adams

Post by Aariana Adams »

Hi Karen, and welcome:

I agree with all of Megan's comments. You'll love cc.

Aariana
Karenb

Post by Karenb »

Thank you ladies for the quick response. I will now venture out and do more of both.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

ditto!

You'll love it. I do best with requests - I have a higher sales ratio with those so I focus on the ones that interest me. When nothing's calling me, I'll write whatever I feel like and post it and see what happens. They take a little longer to sell but it fills the time between requests :)