Private request rejected?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

annedeacetis

Private request rejected?

Post by annedeacetis »

Hi,

I tried to post an article in response to a private request. The article was rejected because I did not have a price in the usage price field. However, the buyer had specified he was only interested in full rights so that was the only area I had put a price.

The name of the article is "A Beginner's Guide to Acting Unions."

When I specified that it was a private request in the article submission form, I expected to be able to pull down a list and choose the the requestor as recpient. A list did appear under "category," but it was very short and did not include concertbusiness (the party who had made the request to me).

When I was in the message area, there was no way to submit the article directly to the requestor without going through the approval process.

Did I try to submit this wrong privately? Or do I just always have to include all the information, even if the requester has said they are only interested in full rights and no one else is going to see it anyway?

Many thanks,
Anne
Celeste Stewart

Re: Private request rejected?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,

You must always put a price in the usage field. Otherwise, the customer (or someone else) could get it for free! I simply put my full rights price in all three fields like so:
Usage: $80
Unique: $80
Full rights: $80

Also, only a few customers have designated folders for their requests. Most do not have them so just leave it at Private Request if your customer is not listed.

All articles, even private requests, must go through the approval process. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ed looked harder at these as private requesters are usually repeat customers with high expectations :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thank you, Celeste.
Celeste Stewart

Glad to chime in and help when I can, even at this early hour.
annedeacetis

Post by annedeacetis »

Thanks guys!

I was curious why he (private requester) was not on the list that was available to pull down, that was a bit confusing.

Also, can everyone see an article I post for a private request? I assumed designating it as Private meant NOT making the piece available for general sale.

I appreciate the guidance.

-Anne
Celeste Stewart

I don't know about customers, but writers can see the private requests when they are logged in. When not logged in, we can only see the general articles. I believe that the main intention is to prevent other buyers from buying the article. If you look at the articles, you'll see that many of us post a message making it clear who the article is for and that the article is not available for general purpose. This is because privately requested articles have sold to the wrong customer before (even after the privacy feature was implemented). It's happened to me too many times, so I make sure to post the disclaimer just in case.