Please review

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

drsbanerji

Please review

Post by drsbanerji »

My article entitled "How to Care for Seahorses in Your Aquarium" has been rejected on the ground that it contains a link to a web site. This is not the case. There is no web site address in my article.
WaldorfPC

Re: Please review

Post by WaldorfPC »

Just be tactful and let support know about it. If it was a mistake, I'm sure there will be no problem resolving the issue. Things happen sometimes, especially when people are very overworked. I know it can be frustrating, especially if it is a first time you've experienced a rejection, but just try to keep your senses. (I'm working on doing the same thing, as I, too, experienced my first rejections after long years of compliments and love for my writing. It is a learning experience for me also and a new reason to grow and get better. I think I'm past the freaking out stage since I'm over the shock. Now, all I can do is improve.)

From what I'm reading here all over this forum, it appears that Ed is the one reviewing all submissions. If this is the case, he has a great deal on his plate. Just be calm and patient, and take whatever appropriate measures to get things taken care of. If it was truly a mistake, I'm sure Ed will do whatever it takes to right it. No, I don't know him well, as I'm new to this community. But from what I've read and seen, he appears to be an upright, friendly, and matter-of-fact individual. Not to mention, he is very approachable. So now, approach him and discuss it in a formal and professional fashion.

I hope I've helped.
drsbanerji

Thanks

Post by drsbanerji »

Well you have been kind. I can be humble with my errors, but sadly lack the patience to bear with set-backs that are not my fault. Can you tell me how to seek redress? I am under the impression is the right way to go about it.
jak

Post by jak »

Firstly, Ed usually answers posts in here, but we know he's trying to keep up while settling into a new house and things are taking a little longer than usual.

Secondly, the same thing happened to me once and when I asked about it, Ed replied that there were links at the end of the article. At that point I realised that I had posted the wrong version of the article, so I apologised and resubmitted, this time successfully. Just thought I'd mention that to you, in case it rings any bells.

Whatever, I'm sure this will be sorted out for you.
drsbanerji

Post by drsbanerji »

[quote="jak"]Firstly, Ed usually answers posts in here, but we know he's trying to keep up while settling into a new house and things are taking a little longer than usual.

Secondly, the same thing happened to me once and when I asked about it, Ed replied that there were links at the end of the article. At that point I realised that I had posted the wrong version of the article, so I apologised and resubmitted, this time successfully. Just thought I'd mention that to you, in case it rings any bells.

Whatever, I'm sure this will be sorted out for you.[/quote]

Thanks, I will wait for Ed to respond. Regards
Ed

Post by Ed »

The article file contained web addresses/links at the bottom of the document, possibly from sources you were using in order to research your article. It appeared to be an oversite/mistake. It may have been that you inadvertantly sent a draft of the article.

Thanks,
Ed
drsbanerji

Post by drsbanerji »

Thank you for your response. I will try to submit the article once again.