Newbie with question!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

riotgrrrl

Newbie with question!

Post by riotgrrrl »

Hi there, i hope you can help.

I'm wondering what kind of content is most popular here, what "sells"? so to speak...

I have a number of things i could publish here, but they are adacemic essays, would they not be appropriate?
HayleyWriter

Re: Newbie with question!

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi,

Most of the customers here seem to want articles to attract people to websites. I am not sure how academic papers will go, but well-researched, well-written and original articles on many different topics sell here. Try writing an article based on what you know well and see how it goes.

I usually suggest to new people that building up a good portfolio of articles on different topics works well, as you just never know when a customer will buy your article.

Topics of interest vary too, but there is a Blog (click on Blog link on top of main CC page) on the popular topics. I'm finding finance, romance, business, computers, and health sell very well for me at the moment, but sometimes an article on a completely different topic will surprise me by selling straight away. Write what you know, write a mix of different articles, and find out what works for you.

Some articles will sell after a few months, and others will sell straight away. You just never know what the customers will be looking for, so take a chance and write articles that interest you. SEO type articles sell well.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck,

Hayley
riotgrrrl

Post by riotgrrrl »

Thank you ever so much for your thoughtfull and considered reply!

I really appreciate your advice, and i will check out the blogs as you reccomend.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot... whats SEO?
x
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi,

Don't worry, you're not an idiot. I am for using an unexplained jargon term! Search engine optimization (SEO) is where articles use keywords a number of times to get the search engines to pick up on them. Basically, it is just about writing for websites. If you have a website on dating, you may want articles to mention the words "online dating" several times. There have been some specific requests for keyword density of 5% using particular terms (these are the SEO articles).

Don't stress too much about this - usually only if a customer has requested it do I think about it. I was just trying to make the point that website articles sell well. So, you may want to have a look at some websites with lots of content about a particular topic, and see the sorts of articles required. Then write those kinds of articles. My original reply still stands - write a variety of articles, and submit as regularly as you can!

Hope this helps, and sorry for confusing you the first time.

Kind regards,

Hayley