My first rejection in life

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MythiliK

My first rejection in life

Post by MythiliK »

Dear Executives / Editors,

I'm a new author to CC who joined today. Though new to CC, I wrote lots of articles in different sites. So far, none of my articles got rejected. Shockingly, my first article submitted to CC got rejected, that too with a comment saying "awkward wording". I really don't understand what is meant here. Could anyone help me to sort this out?

Title of my article : Easy ways to save your money

Now I'm really worried to submit more articles, as not ready to digest more disappointments :-(

Thanks & Warm Regards
Mythili
Ed

Re: My first rejection in life

Post by Ed »

"Awkward wording" means language that is not understandable, phrasing that is not constructed according to accepted norms, or wording that is not immediately clear to an English speaking audience. Authors who submit to Constant Content must be able to identify awkward wording and write in a clear manner, and they must be able to proofread their own work to eliminate mistakes.

Thanks,
Ed
MythiliK

Post by MythiliK »

Dear Ed,

Thanks for your effort to reply me. Do resubmit of articles accepted in CC?

Thanks & Warm Regards
Mythili
Ed

Post by Ed »

Articles may be resubmitted, but we cannot accept articles with errors indefinitely. Repeated rejections can result in account suspension.

Thanks,
Ed
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

Mythili, from India, huh? About awkward wording, I got rejected too, a few times due to it. But I found that simple proofreading after keeping it resting for two days works things out. Also, consider using larger font for proofreading. I have set my word zoom to 180 percent so I can easily spot even smaller errors, and can still submit the document as such and Ed here will get it in the correct formatting (without any actually larger font size). But I must tell you I am a very lousy editor still. many mistakes easily escape my eye.

In ur case, don't submit an article without being sure that there is no awkward wording or grammar errors. Make significant changes, and also possibly get someone else to read it and edit it. CC writers here can help out, if you post your article to them. Three rejections at the start can suspend an account. So, get it proofread well before submitting now.