Private Request and 3 Day Rule

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

eek

Private Request and 3 Day Rule

Post by eek »

Forgive me if this has been previously covered.

Before the website change, private requests stayed in that section if the requester backed out, until the author requested it to be moved. Can anyone tell me where private requests go after 3 days if they are not purchased? If my client takes longer than 3 days to purchase, will that article be available to the public? I'm only concerned because I pasted the entire contents in the long summary.

thanks,
emma
Celeste Stewart

Re: Private Request and 3 Day Rule

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If you place it in the Private Requests category, it will not be shown to the general public. However, I believe it is viewable if someone were to look at your profile.
eek

Post by eek »

Yikes, you're right. I seem to remember someone saying they left the long summary blank to protect their private request customers. Since the website change I've been putting in the whole article, because that's what I would want as a public/private requester, and that 3 day rule offers some protection. I doubt anyone's going to go look at my profile to rip off articles, but still...

I didn't think private requests could be viewed, but the acceptance email had the same wording used for public requests. I'm still working on the second of 2 for this client,and he's not likely to purchase until they're both up, so it made me lift an eyebrow.

Thanks, Celeste. Any other thoughts?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I have had a couple of customers who asked me NOT to post the article in the summary. These were customers who already knew that they could count on the articles meeting their needs and were fine buying them sight unseen. You could ask your customer what he prefers. The downside is that plants a seed of doubt into the customer's mind as far as the safety of his content, so I'm not sure that would be worth doing especially because the risk is so minimal.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Please include the summary information when you submit. These articles will not be available through search even if their hidden status expires before the customer makes a purchase. Authors try to submit articles without summaries and I have either rejected these articles or Support has asked the author to include this information(unless this information is absent as requested by the customer and this is indicated on the submission form). The customer needs to know what he or she is purchasing before being asked to complete the transaction.

Thanks,
Ed
eek

Post by eek »

That's what I wanted to hear, Ed. Thanks for the reassurance. And to you, Celeste, for your insight. :)