Happy to be here

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

lisake

Happy to be here

Post by lisake »

Hi all! So glad to have found this site. I'm trying to get my writing career back on track after taking a few breaks over the years for child raising, better-paying work, a relocation, etc. It's great to find a site that emphasizes quality of content and where the authors are so supportive and helpful. I hope to become a valued contributor and to get to know you all better.
Debbi

Re: Happy to be here

Post by Debbi »

Welcome, lisake!

Keep us all posted on your progress :)
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Welcome, lisake! If you have any questions, just ask!
lisake

Post by lisake »

HI Debbi & Antonia,
Thanks for the warm welcome. Sent my first submission in yesterday (a quiz) and it was rejected because I'm an idiot. :-)

I thought I had thoroughly checked, re-checked and triple-checked it, but you know how those pesky mistakes have a way of seeping in. Anyway, I fixed the mistake and checked it a few more times before submitting again, and it was accepted, then it sold immediately.

So now that I have a sold quiz under my belt (yay!) I feel more comfortable tackling an article. I really enjoyed creating the quiz, though, as it was something a bit different.

I'm learning my way around this place and reading all the advice I can find about creating for CC. Will keep you posted on how things are going.

Thanks again.

~Lisa
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Lisa!

Congratulations! First approval and first sale all rolled into one. Writing quizzes is fun, especially if it's something you already knw a lot about (like I wrote one about pets, which is my favorite topic).

Brava and continued success :)

Debbi
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Congrats Lisa!