Content not verifiable as your own

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

helenk

Content not verifiable as your own

Post by helenk »

Hi there,

I have a quick question on my article "Websites 101: Optimizing Your Web Content". The reason I received for its rejection was that "We can only accept content that is immediately verifiable as the submitting author's. "

I've worked in the web development field for a number of years which is why I wrote the article. How can I prove that these are my words? Is there any point in trying to resubmit an article where this has been given as the reason for rejection, or should I just forget about it? Obviously I don't want to waste my time on writing and submitting something else where the issue will be same.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Helen
nichewriter

Re: Content not verifiable as your own

Post by nichewriter »

Helen,

Is the article posted somewhere else? CC must be able to verify that the article is yours. If it has your byline somewhere online, this byline should be verifiable by CC -- either as the pen name or the real name you use on CC. If you used a different name for the article published somewhere, CC won't be able to verify that you are the author of the article (even if you did write it) and therefore will not be able to approve it for sale on CC.

~Sherry
Ed

Post by Ed »

From our FAQ:
I submitted an article to sell for usage rights only. My articles was rejected for originality, but I am the original author of the content.
We can only accept articles that are able to be verified as original to the author. If you choose to submit content published elsewhere by you, please submit articles that are clearly credited to you with your name or the pen name you use on Constant Content. Articles that cannot be verified as original to the author cannot be accepted. If there is no name on the original publication, if the article is credited with a name that does not match your given or chosen name, or if the author's name is not easily located on the page of original publication, the article will be rejected. Do not include location of previous publication anywhere in your submission. Please note: When you submit an article that has been published elsewhere, you may ask usage rights ONLY for the article.

Thanks,
Ed
helenk

Post by helenk »

Thanks for your help. There are some paragraphs from this article which have been published on a website I do some work for without a byline, so that answers my question.