Public request limbo

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sharion

Public request limbo

Post by Sharion »

I submitted an article and it's still in the review queue. In the meantime a public request was posted that my article may fit. As far as I can tell it isn't possible to attach that article to the request.

When I try attaching it by clicking on the request itself the only articles that appear are the ones I've had accepted.

When I click on the Edit button for the article, the drop down menu where you choose a category shows all the categories and Private Request, but not Public Request. That option doesn't appear to exist.

I'm fighting the urge to delete my existing upload and redo it in hopes of getting the Public Request option to appear. Or maybe I'm not proven enough yet and it only appears if you've reached a certain level?
Celeste Stewart

Re: Public request limbo

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You can't attach any article that hasn't yet been approved. All articles must be pre-approved by CC before you can offer them to CC clients, even if the article is a perfect fit. Once approved, you can let the client know.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

But can't you delete the article from on spec review and then esubmit it to the public request article if it is a perfect match?
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Debbi wrote:But can't you delete the article from on spec review and then esubmit it to the public request article if it is a perfect match?
I would think you could do this. Might speed up the review a little too. Once approved, the article would be automatically submitted to the requester too. Alternatively you could wait for the editorial approval and then respond to the Public request by attaching your recently approved article. You would want to watch for the approval to come through and then jump on sending the email with the attached article.
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Trust me, I'm totally on top of all incoming emails from Constant-Content. Because we have a dog that needs to go out and pee on occasion, the longest I'll go without checking email is about nine hours. We don't usually leave home longer than that for her sake. Most days I check every couple hours :-)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Considering it's Christmas, I don't think you can speed the process right now :) I imagine customers understand that there will be a delay as well.
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Oddly enough I was going to write these articles even without the public request so either way it's all good. I did write another and uploaded it, this time attaching it to the request. The first one I'll just let lie until it gets the verdict and will go from there. Wrote a third more specifically tailored to the request but you know, I'm not as happy with it as the two I would have written anyway. Haven't uploaded that one. Must ponder it more :-)
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Ed's pretty speedy :-) They all got accepted. Will have to start on a new batch! One was presented to the public request. Haven't attached the other to it yet but thinking to do that right now :-)