what happens to an article that has been re submitted?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

yashuasgirl

what happens to an article that has been re submitted?

Post by yashuasgirl »

I wrote for a public request(Why You Should Stop Smoking) and my article was rejected. I rewrote the article and I have not heard anything about the rewrite yet, but I saw where someone else's article about the subject was picked up. I was wondering if my rewritten article will still be reviewed since the customers request has been filled now.
JD

Re: what happens to an article that has been re submitted?

Post by JD »

Yes, your article will be reviewed and, if accepted, sent to the customer if his/her request is still active. If the customer's request is no longer active, or if it is and the customer has already found what he/she wants and doesn't want your article, then it will be placed in your portfolio. There's every chance that it will sell to another customer at some stage in the future.

Jane
thegreenninja

Post by thegreenninja »

I was wondering about this, too. I assumed my article was accepted, but it is gone from the "my content" section. Since it was for a public request, I'm thinking that maybe it will go into the "my content" section if it is not purchased. Is this correct?
Ed

Post by Ed »

Please check your onsite inbox, which will contain one of two emails: an email stating that your article has been accepted, or an email describing the reason your article was rejected.

Thanks,
Ed
thegreenninja

Post by thegreenninja »

Hi Ed,

I have checked both my personal inbox and my inbox here on the website and have not received an email about this particular article since I resubmitted it. I'm not quite sure what happened. There article was titled "How to Promote your Website without Spending a Dime".
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

thegreenninja wrote:Hi Ed,

I have checked both my personal inbox and my inbox here on the website and have not received an email about this particular article since I resubmitted it. I'm not quite sure what happened. There article was titled "How to Promote your Website without Spending a Dime".
I see that article listed for sale greenninja. Hope it sells for you - it is advice I could use :)
yashuasgirl

Post by yashuasgirl »

yashuasgirl wrote:I wrote for a public request(Why You Should Stop Smoking) and my article was rejected. I rewrote the article and I have not heard anything about the rewrite yet, but I saw where someone else's article about the subject was picked up. I was wondering if my rewritten article will still be reviewed since the customers request has been filled now.
I guess my rewrite of "Practical First Steps to Stop Smoking" really sucks or Ed is just really busy...it has been about two weeks now and still no word... :?:
KinsleyRoyale

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

Is it showing up in your content?

Sometimes we forget to fill in a blank and it says on top we forgot something, but if we don't pay attention we miss it and the item doesn't get submitted. I did that before. I always check my content after a submission to make sure it went through.

Then it should show as "review".
yashuasgirl

Post by yashuasgirl »

KinsleyRoyale wrote:Is it showing up in your content?

Sometimes we forget to fill in a blank and it says on top we forgot something, but if we don't pay attention we miss it and the item doesn't get submitted. I did that before. I always check my content after a submission to make sure it went through.

Then it should show as "review".
No KinsleyRoyale, I got my answer today. It just sucked that's all. It sucked so bad that Ed asked me NOT to submit it again! I can't blame ED for that ,a bad article is one thing, but when I rewrote it and it still sucked, well.... I think I will do two things at this point. #1. get out the one article Ed did take, and look at it really hard. #2. I am taking an on-line writing course to teach me exactly how to write for the web. I think since I've only just begun the course I will wait, and submit when my teacher say's I have a winner. I hate to think of Ed cringing whenever I do try again. :?