Article rejected and I don't know why

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cindycap

Article rejected and I don't know why

Post by cindycap »

Can you please tell me why "Is Lady Gaga a hermaphrodite or just the girl next door" was rejected? I thought I was responding to a direct request and never would've bothered with this site if I had known there was a middle man review that was so automated it's as bad as calling customer service for tech support.

But I wrote the piece and came this far. So please. Tell me why my 300 words were rejected. And tell me why I can't reach out to the avenue who requested the piece.

This is lame. Timing is everything. By the time this is all done the opportunity will be long gone.

I just want to know how this works.

cindy capitani
jadedragon

Re: Article rejected and I don't know why

Post by jadedragon »

What did the notice say - the part between the dashed lines?
aprilk10

Re: Article rejected and I don't know why

Post by aprilk10 »

Cindy,

The reason for your rejection should have been stated in the e-mail, whether it was for grammatical or spelling errors, formatting errors, etc. The reason for a "middle man" on CC is because this writing site differs from many bid sites and such in that CC offers clients quality, unique content completely free of errors. If they let anyone submit to a request without the piece first being reviewed by an editor, the client would likely be bombarded and spammed with all kinds of articles that are not up to CC standards. CC maintains its integrity with clients by offering quality services. To learn how this site works, it is suggested that new authors read carefully through the forums and guidelines before submitting an article. I would suggest "Must-Read Resources--New Authors Start Here" here in the forums. The rules and standards are a bit difficult to grasp at first for some and may seem strict, but adapting to CC standards is certainly worth the payout it offers. Many articles are sold on here for well over $100. Clients who pay well keep coming back because they are aware that the content they will receive from CC is top-notch. Your rejection could have been as simple as a formatting error. Good luck! Hope you get it straightened out! CC really is a great opportunity!