Nursing home article rejection questions

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LadyQ

Nursing home article rejection questions

Post by LadyQ »

I had an article returned for revision, I would like some input before I resubmit it. Thanks
nichewriter

Re: Must-Read Resources - New Authors: Start Here

Post by nichewriter »

LadyQ wrote:I had an article returned for revision, I would like some input before I resubmit it. Thanks
LadyQ,

You may want to start a new thread in the "Questions About Rejections" section of the forum. Let us know what the reason was for your rejection and even paste a paragraph from your article for commenting (don't post the entire article).

~Sherry
LadyQ

Re: Must-Read Resources - New Authors: Start Here

Post by LadyQ »

The affect that nursing home employees have on their patients will always vary. If the nursing home is understaffed, it affects the care of the patient and the attitude of the employees. When a nursing home is understaffed, you can’t provide the care that each patient needs, requires and deserves. The employee suffers because they are trying to care for patients that need their attention but don’t have adequate staff. Here are other reasons why employees suffer:
• Employees are stressed because of lack of staff assigned to their shift.
• Untrained staff.
• Nurses are assigned to too many patients and perform rush jobs on patients
• Companies reduce staff and increase patients.
• Employees are not held responsible for their actions and duties, so they perform with an I don’t care attitude.
• Nurse’s aids are sometimes required to perform duties in areas they are not trained in.
Evelyn

Re: Nursing home article rejection questions

Post by Evelyn »

Admins have to split topics, so I moved this from the other forum to here. (Gimme a pat on the back--I did something technological and didn't screw it up!)

LadyQ, there are several redundancies in your paragraph. You say both "if" and "when" nursing homes are understaffed; you also say adequate staff and untrained staff. Plus a couple other uses of staff. Whew.

You're missing a period on bullet point three.

It should be aides and not aids in bullet point six.

I would also have written "I don't care" attitude, or I-don't-care attitude.

That's my quick look. I'm sure other folks will point out other things as they see them.

Revise and resubmit and good luck to you! It's worth it to go through the process, trust me.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Also, affect/effect are commonly misused. I believe the first sentence should start with "The effect that nursing home employees have on. . ."
LadyQ

Post by LadyQ »

Thanks so much!