Rejection on grounds of promotional content

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cornish

Rejection on grounds of promotional content

Post by cornish »

rejection on grounds of promotional content

I just had my article rejected on grounds of promotional content - problem is - it wasn't promoting anything - there were no references to anything buyable and there were no links - I was so confused I even had to re read it myself in case I missed something- has this happened to anyone else?
Celeste Stewart

Re: Rejection on grounds of promotional content

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Did the article have a bio describing your background? For example, did you add a line like "Your Name has a Ph.D. degree in biomechanics and writes for the Time Magazine." If so, that's what's up. Also, sometimes text in the short summary promotes the article too much along the lines of "This 500-word article is a must for any women's lifesytle publication. Your readers will walk away freshly inspired. At just $49.95, this article is a real bargain."
cornish

Post by cornish »

thanks for the reply - no it had none of the above - it was just a straight forward article - that in no way could promote anything whatsoever - it was about customs and cultures and how much we know about them like how one thing in one country can mean something totally different
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Might be the editor picked the wrong reason for rejection. It must happen once in a while.