Quality of "editorial review"

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

TomBarth

Quality of "editorial review"

Post by TomBarth »

I'm new here, and am still waiting for my first article to be accepted. I submitted it and
it was rejected, allegedly because it wasn't in a 12-point font (it was), and because the
summary wasn't separated from the body appropriately (I followed an example on the site).

That first rejection took over a week, and the second submission has yet to be responded to,
after nearly a week. In my frustration, I've been looking around the site and wonder whether
I can write to the standards required here. As an example, I looked at the page in the FAQ titled
"HOW CAN I FIND WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR", and found ten (count 'em!) errors which I wouldn't
include in my writing. They range from inconsistent capitalization (in the name Constant-Content,
no less) to clear typos (phase instead of phrase), to a THEN where a THAN should be. The use of
commas is pretty poor, too. My observation suggests that this page is not atypical.

My question is this: When someone buys an article from the site, what should he reasonably assume
about its quality? Grammatical perfection? Passed a spelling check (we know how little that means...)?
Would get an A if graded by a 7th grade English teacher? Facts checked? No need for the purchaser to
review it?

I should acknowledge that when I signed up for this site, I thought the first article was subject to review
(perfectly reasonable), but didn't understand that EVERY article was subject to delay and review. I think
I may have to find another way to get my work out.

If anyone reading this wants to check out my complaint, the offending page is at

http://www.constant-content.com/about/H ... ng-For.htm

Best, Tom
linsm

Re: Quality of "editorial review"

Post by linsm »

I just started yesterday, and Constant Content closed my account.

The funny things about this are:

I have been a paid freelance writer for almost a year. No Problem

My articles are found all over the Internet,

Article submission sites have no problem with what I write or how I write it.

I laugh when I think about it: They rejected my articles.

Yesterday, I posted the first article, and before I could close a window or 2
I had a rejection notice inside of 2 minutes of my article submission.

Suggestion is to put in your browser and search: How Can I sell my articles
articlesale is one with no editors to deal with
factoidz is where you can post your articles and fill order requests for reviews and send article directly to the customer. Again, no editors to deal with.

I think that here, if they do not like your style, they will have some lame excuse to reject you. Well, CC is like Google, Google thinks it owns the Internet
and apparently CC thinks they are the only ones around. Frankly, until 2 days ago, I never heard of them, so that shows how well known and popular they are.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

It's all about quality people. The Editors here ensure that what is offered for sale is error free. This is not an article directory site - it is a site that connects freelancers with authors. If your account was banned, you must have done something really wrong.
linsm

Post by linsm »

Well, then CC should let writers know what the problem is, so that it can be fixed.

If I reject your article, and send you a link or two that has a list of 100 different things, that does
not tell you much, does it.

I read the excerpts of some of the articles that have been accepted and
laughed. They were horrible.

But again, it is they buyers decision as to what they spend their money on
not CC.

I have already sold what CC rejected.