Newbie question re: resubmission

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MelodyJCompere

Newbie question re: resubmission

Post by MelodyJCompere »

Hi everyone-

I'm a newbie confused by the resubmission area for uploading a newly corrected article.

My article had one change to be made which I've done. I went into My Content and viewed all of my original submission info that was automatically filled in and it looks fine.I see the rejected area where my original file is showing which I need to get rid of so I can upload the newly corrected version.
Where do I do that?

The options which can be filled in:
1. Rejected files - resubmit your download.(is this field just going to resubmit my original that had the one mistake in it?)
2. Add a new file upload - (or is this where I submit my newly corrected article?)
3. Comments to Editor - resubmit Article and download. (huh?)

Please help. This seems confusing. I'd like to delete the original if I can and submit my newly corrected and named article. :)
buckeyes09

Re: Newbie question re: resubmission

Post by buckeyes09 »

Upload a new file and hit submit. That's worked for me. Unless I'm doing something incorrectly.
ChristinaGregoire

Post by ChristinaGregoire »

MelodyJCompere wrote:Hi everyone-

I'm a newbie confused by the resubmission area for uploading a newly corrected article.

My article had one change to be made which I've done. I went into My Content and viewed all of my original submission info that was automatically filled in and it looks fine.I see the rejected area where my original file is showing which I need to get rid of so I can upload the newly corrected version.
Where do I do that?

The options which can be filled in:
1. Rejected files - resubmit your download.(is this field just going to resubmit my original that had the one mistake in it?)
2. Add a new file upload - (or is this where I submit my newly corrected article?)
3. Comments to Editor - resubmit Article and download. (huh?)

Please help. This seems confusing. I'd like to delete the original if I can and submit my newly corrected and named article. :)
Melody,

I had a similar experience with uploading a rejected article and now I'm not sure if I did the right thing. I only needed to change the summary section. And, it looked as though the original txt file (my original article) was still uploaded (attached) within the upload form, so I did not upload another txt document at the bottom section.

Did I do the right thing or should I have submitted the article document again at the bottom of the form? The directions are rather nebulous.

Melody, even after reading the post above I'm not sure how to resubmit an edited document. Are we supposed to delete the original file that shows on the submission form? And, if that's what we do, why is there an "upload file" box at the bottom of the page?
MelodyJCompere

Post by MelodyJCompere »

Hi-
I think it's confusing too.

It was suggested to me to go to the "Add a new file" section and then Browse to find the document on my computer again. Then, from there, click resubmit article on the very bottom below the "comment" section. That worked for me and I didn't even worry about the original article still showing above it in a different section of the submit screen.

I tried to delete the original file up there and it didn't work so I gave up.
So far so good and no problem doing it that way.