Are Canadian writers welcome here?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sheree

Are Canadian writers welcome here?

Post by Sheree »

I've looked and looked on the Forum and can't find a clear answer.

Now that I am up and running on Constant I am unsure that I, as a Canadian, can sell my work here.

I have PayPal but some sites don't accept that unless you have an American address.

Can Canadian writers with a Paypal account sell their work on Constant?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Ed

Post by Ed »

There are actually quite a few Canadian writers at CC.

Ed
Sheree

RE: But can we sell here and get paid?

Post by Sheree »

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I suspected there must be Canadian writers here, but does this site pay Canadian writers?

Other sites take our articles, too, but they won't pay Canadians because we don't have American addresses even though we have a valid PayPal account. :cry:

Thanks again.
Sheree
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

Sheree, I know the sites you speak of, and they don't pay anyone outside of the US. I live in Australia and CC pays me promptly. You'll love this site, they treat all writers with respect, no matter where they live.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Wow. I had no idea. Those sites are really doing themselves a disservice.
Sheree

Thanks for the responses!

Post by Sheree »

It is very frustrating after spending time learning a site's specific needs and developing copy for them, only to find out that the best you can do is post to the site. Give your work away for FREE!

I use my PayPal for everything, so I was very surprised to hear I couldn't be paid through PayPal because I have a Canadian address.

Glad to hear that Constant Content is not one of THOSE sites!

Thanks again for making me feel welcome, folks.

Sheree :D
Keesa

Post by Keesa »

Sheree, that sounds horrible! :shudders: CC isn't one of those sites. They treat everyone equally. Write, submit, sell, get paid. :thumbs up: And welcome to the site!
freelanceprowriter

Post by freelanceprowriter »

I´m a Canadian writer who lives in Guatemala and I have had no problems with Constant Content, although I have had problems with THAT site you are talking about! It is much more worthwhile to submit your articles here, not only do they treat international writers well, they also pay better! Plus, you have the option of selling your articles again and again! I hope you like it here!
Sheree

Thanks to all of you!

Post by Sheree »

You know what the writer's life is like...we sit alone by ourselves in front of our keyboards.

The freedom is great 'cause it allows us to walk around with mustard on our nose and our hair unkempt, as we write while wearing our most wretched pajamas.

But then there is the loneness...not the loneliness, but the loneness.

It's good to know I am not totally "lone!" 8)

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Sheree from Canada