Minimum Price

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

philipanderson

Minimum Price

Post by philipanderson »

If I look in the list of content that has recently sold, it lists articles sold for use at $3 and $5.

How is this possible? The minimum amount that the content editor will allow is $7.

Is this old content that was once governed by a different rule?
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Re: Minimum Price

Post by Judith »

People who check the "make offer" box frequently get sent very low offers. It is very annoying to most writers, but some will just sell it for anything they are offered. I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but that is why you see such low figures. I don't check that box, and I believe the majority of writers who have been here awhile don't check that option either. Accepting a low offer for your hard work is optional and not mandatory, even if you have checked the box.
jak

Post by jak »

I've been an author here since before that minimum price was set, and I'm sure there are also cheaper, older articles still for sale. Remember also the cost of living varies around the world, and some authors are from countries where a few American dollars can be worth quite a lot.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

The highest offer I ever got with the OBO was $12, so that's why I no longer check it. I think people check it when they first come here, and then they learn. lol As a buyer, it makes sense to go around lowballing the new writers. TBH, if I was buying a stack of articles, I'd go and lowball people who were willing to sell at that price. I think you could probably save yourself a ton of money. But, if I really wanted an article and it was set at a higher price, I'd pay that too. If the seller is willing to undercut herself/himself, then I'm going to take advantage of that.
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Some articles were available to the public prior to the price cap being put into place.
philipanderson

Post by philipanderson »

Thanks for the replies everyone - that makes complete sense.