Violation of 'use' terms

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Cyndy Hardy

Violation of 'use' terms

Post by Cyndy Hardy »

I haven't heard back from support about an article someone purchased for use and then changed the content. I think CC and I are owed some money for full rights.

Ed or Celeste -- can anyone help me get a response?
Ed

Post by Ed »

I don't know when you sent your message, but Support doesn't usually get back with authors on the weekends. Did you make sure to include your email address in the contact form? This is the number one reason authors don't get a response from Support.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Cindy, we did not receive and email from you, please send us another one. We see you sold one article and we looked for it:

Why Your Credit Report Matters to Mortgage Lenders

I found it published on Helium and it was still being sold here (unique and full rights). I removed the unique and full rights prices on this article. You can not ask unique and full rights for articles that are published else where. Please check your articles or you account could be suspended.
Cyndy Hardy

Post by Cyndy Hardy »

Thanks for the heads up about the full and unique rights. I knew the policy, I thought the adjustment was automatic upon sale for some reason. My apologies for not checking it.

Also, I will resend the email to support.

Thanks!
constant-content
Site Admin

When a article sells for a "usage" license here it can still be sold for Full Rights or Unique. We list the number of downloads and customers can see how many times the article has been bought and decide if they still want that license. It happens more times then people think, also customers can upgrade the license.

As soon as you published it else where it broke the policy.
Cyndy Hardy

Post by Cyndy Hardy »

I understand now. I posted the article on Helium thinking it was no longer available for full or unique. My understanding is that it's okay to seek sales outside CC. If I'm wrong, please correct me and I'll take it down immediately. It's not my intent to break the policies!
constant-content
Site Admin

Of course but once its published elsewhere (anywhere else besides CC) you can't ask Full Rights and Unique rights.