new author - login failed message..SOLVED!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AThompson

new author - login failed message..SOLVED!

Post by AThompson »

So I finally got up the courage to register as an author (not simply for the forum)!
Yay me!

I followed the confirmation link that was sent to my email address - so I am confirmed. I tried to login as an author, but I always get a Login Failed message.
(I like the exclamation point that always accompanies it - it's frustrating for me, but I'm happy SOMEONE'S excited ! LOL!)

I have closed my browser (firefox), and reopened it, cleared my entire history including my cache and still nothing. Do I have to wait 24 hours or something?

Thanks for any help,
AThompson
Last edited by AThompson on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Congrats!

I get two different login options depending on who knows what. Some days I have to click "author" as opposed to "customer" under the log in and password. Then it says my login failed and brings me to a page that says "author login" with no author/customer choice under the password. But doing that will also fail and return me to a page where I need to choose between author and customer. (And round and round we go.) So I usually just try to use the login area on the left sidebar and remember to click author or customer the first time.

It will never "remember me" anymore, either.

This is probably the least helpful post ever, but at a minimum you now know you're not alone. However, logging in is always successful in the end. Good luck!
AThompson

Post by AThompson »

Thanks Lauren!

I did just try that, and ....nope. Didn't work.
Helps to know it's not just me, though!

Thanks again,
AThompson
AThompson

Post by AThompson »

Thought I'd post that I solved the issue!

I clicked "forgot password" even though I knew I was typing it correctly.
I was emailed a new password, and I noticed that in the email message they referred to my EMAIL address as "AThompson", which is actually my pen name.

When I had been attempting to login before, I had been entering my actual email in the field "email".

This time I tried to login using my pen name in the email field and the new password - and IT WORKED!

YAY!
AThompson