Newbie Brit living in France

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

chancer

Newbie Brit living in France

Post by chancer »

Hi all,
just registered, finding my way around, looks great. Highly recommended in UK Writers' Forum, Aug edition 07.
Weather fair but cloudy, wine excellent, but relocating to UK soon.
All the Best.
jak

Post by jak »

Whatcha Chancer. Welcome to CC. You sound a bit loopy, leaving the south of France for grey old Blighty. I'm in Dorset. Whereabouts will you be?
chancer

Post by chancer »

Hiya jak,
I'm coming home to Blighty asap because I need to get involved in publicity for a book launch. I had 2 books published in 2005 and wasn't around for the publicity. Right now I have 2 more with publishers and I need to be there. Besides, this place isn't as good as its cracked up to be. Maybe I'll go back to Spain again, it's better there. I am going to Widnes in Cheshire hopefully in March... we'll see.
Nice to hear from you.
Best, chancer.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Good God, Chancer. I just Googled your name and got to read Amazon's page on one of your books. I don't know what to say, other than why do you want to write for CC? :shock:
jak

Post by jak »

Well now. I must move on to Amazon and take a look.

Why on earth are you going to Widnes, Chancer? My son used to live in Runcorn, and when I visited, we were aware of Widnes because of the smell from the factories wafting over the Mersey.

But of course, that's all I know. Perhaps it's the most friendly place to live, especially if you already have family and/or friends there.
chancer

Post by chancer »

Hi Grouchy & jak, I'm not writing for CC, I'm writing for me. I like to diversify. I want to write articles... it takes me away from the heavy stuff. I just finished two books; one to complete the trilogy of prison writing and the other is an arms for drugs deal based on fact with various terrorist factions (IRA; Black September, ETA and the Mujahideen) and various Secret Service agencies including the British SIS and Shin Bet the Mossad wet job outfit. My next book will be another in the true crime genre about terrorists, but I have some editing to get through first with the publisher.
jak, Widnes is my hometown and my mother lives there and we only have one of them, so I want to spend some time with her. I have lived in many countries and met many great pals, but Widnes people are special. Did you see the bridge? I worked as a steel-erector on that for a couple of years. Isn't it strange how things turn out. Anyway, I'll catch you later.
jak

Post by jak »

Lucky mother , I'd say. She must be over the moon. No doubt there've been times when she wondered if she'd ever see you again.

I certainly know that bridge. It's a very impressive landmark from a number of viewpoints.

Do hope you enjoy going home.